1. Roll Call
3. Accept minutes dated December 15, 2008
4. Hearing of delegations and communications
5. Adoption of agenda
6. Unfinished business
7. New business
- A. Recognition of board members
- B. Consider student transfer requests.
- C. Presentation of financial statement and bank reconcilement for the month of December, 2008.
- D. Approve payment of payrolls and bills and accounts for the month of January, 2009.
- E. Technology presentation by Stephanie Snyder.
- F. Discuss budget adjustments due to proration.
- G. Approve program changes at the Troy-Pike Center for Technology.
- H. Presentation of revised policy manual for thirty-day comment period.
- I. Approve National School Boards Association membership renewal for period of April 1, 2009 to March 31, 2010.
- J. Award bid for Web Hosting services.
- K. Award bid for reroofing at Brundidge and Goshen schools.
- L. Approve request by Goshen High School cheerleading coaches to begin practicing stunting techniques as outlined in the AACAA guidelines.
8. Personnel action
- A. Accept Brad Waggoner's resignation, effective January 12, 2009, from his position as Head Football Coach and Athletic Director at Pike County High School.
- B. Approve employment of Laura Hixon as Kindergarten teacher at Goshen Elementary School.
- C. Approve Clayton Rhodes as a volunteer assistant baseball coach at Goshen High School, pending fingerprinting and background clearance.
- D. Approve Carolyn Coleman's request for catastrophic and Family Medical Leave from her position as bus driver.
- E. Approve Janie Sharpe's request for catastrophic leave for 1.5 days in January from her position as instructional aide at Banks School.
- F. Terminate employment of a probationary support staff member.
9. Business by members of the board and superintendent of education not included on the agenda.