1. Roll Call
3. Accept minutes dated January 19, 2009
4. Hearing of delegations and communications
5. Adoption of agenda
6. Unfinished business
7. New business
- A. Recognition of Pike County Elementary School and Pike County High School as recipients of the 2008 State AYP Rewards Program.
- B. Approve resolution in opposition to uniform start date legislation.
- C. Approve resolution recognizing February as Career Technical Education Month.
- D. Presentation of financial statement and bank reconcilement for the month of January, 2009.
- E. Approve payment of payrolls and bills and accounts for the month of February, 2009.
- F. Discuss impact of federal stimulus bill on local school budget.
- G. Discuss comments received related to adoption of new policy manual.
- H. Approve update to Pike County School Curriculum Guide.
- I. Approval to declare as surplus a Rockwell 3-phase drill press located at TPCT.
- J. Approve three requests by Pike County High School JROTC:
- Approval for students to attend JROTC Day on March 21, 2009, at Six Flags Over Georgia, with the use of two school buses at no cost to the school system.
- Approval for students to attend the Ranger Graduation at Fort Benning, Georgia, on May 4, 2009, with the use of two school buses at no cost to the school system.
- Approval for MSG Givner to attend the mandatory certification school at JROTC School of Cadet Command in Ft. Monroe, Virginia, from February 22-27, 2009.
- K. Approval for Goshen Elementary School fifth graders to attend the Coosa River Science School in Columbiana, Alabama, on May 4-6, 2009, with the use of two schools buses at no cost to the school system.
- L. Approval for Brooke Terry to attend the FastLane Software Project Manager Class in Atlanta, Georgia, on March 30-April 3, 2009, with expenses to be paid from Child Nutrition funds.
8. Personnel action
- A. Approval for Lenda Sanders to be paid from Title I Carryover funds for the remainder of the school year to provide remediation and tutoring at Goshen High School.
- B. Approve request by Keisha Mills for maternity leave and Family Medical Leave from her position as teacher at Goshen Elementary School.
- C. Approve employment of a teacher/coach for 2009-2010.
- D. Approve employment of an aide/coach for 2009-2010.
- E. Approve employment of a Head Football Coach and Athletic Director at Pike County High School.
- F. Conference concerning discipline of a certified employee.
- G. Conference concerning termination of a support employee.
9. Business by members of the board and superintendent of education not included on the agenda.
Additional items for board agenda, February 16, 2009:
1. Consider student transfer request.
2. Declare as surplus a list of items located at TPCT.