1. Roll Call
3. Accept minutes dated April 13, 2009
4. Hearing of delegations and communications
5. Adoption of agenda
6. Unfinished business
7. New business
- A. Presentation of FY 2007-2008 audit by Department of Examiners.
- B. Consider interdistrict transfer requests.
- C. Presentation of financial statement and bank reconcilement for the month of April, 2009.
- D. Approve payment of payrolls and bills and accounts for the month of May, 2009.
- E. Approve compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act which increases the federal minimum wage to$7.25 per hour effective July 24, 2009.
- F. Approve the Banks Enrichment Summer Time Program and personnel.
- G. Approve Summer School at Pike County Elementary School on June 8-26, 2009.
- H. Approve operation of the Seamless Summer Feeding Program at Pike County Elementary School on June 8-26, 2009.
- I. Retroactive approval for Brooke Terry to participate in the Menu Development-Meeting the Healthier US Challenge for Gold workshop in Oxford, Mississippi, on May 12-13, 2009, funded through USDA grant funds.
- J. Award CNP bids for the 2009-2010 school year:
- Pest Control
- K. Approve contracts for e-rate services for July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2010.
- L. Award bid for painting at Goshen Elementary School Building 200.
- M. Award bid for carpeting at Goshen Elementary School Building 200.
- N. Approve request by Goshen High School JROTC for eleven cadets and an instructor to attend Summer Camp at Fort McClellan, Alabama, on May 25-30, 2009, with transportation expenses paid by the Army.
- O. Approve closing Title II Class Size Reduction units at the end of the school year.
8. Personnel action
- A. Approve request to employ an individual for the Technology Department this summer for thirty hours a week for eight weeks at minimum wage.
- B. Retroactive acceptance, effective May 14, 2009, of Stanley Givner's resignation from his position as Senior Army Instructor at Pike County High School.
- C. Accept Lindsey Hornbuckle's resignation at the end of the school year from her position as English teacher at Goshen High School.
- D. Accept Kasey Parker=s resignation at the end of the school year from her position as physical education teacher at Pike County High School.
- E. Accept John Kloos' resignation for retirement, effective August 1, 2009, from his position as Senior Army Instructor at Goshen High School.
- F. Approve Amy Stubblefield's request for catastrophic leave, effective May 15, 2009, from her position as teacher at Pike County High School.
- G. Approve the proposed transfer of Nikki Allen from counselor at Pike County High School to fifth grade teacher at Pike County Elementary School.
9. Business by members of the board and superintendent of education not included on the agenda.