TERM 2 - SCHEDULE MODIFICATION:
At the November 16, 2020 meeting of the Pike County Board of Education, the Board approved several minor changes to the TERM 2 Calendar. These changes are necessitated by COVID and it is the Board's hope that the changes will better prepare our students, parents, and employees should a system-wide shift to all Virtual instruction become necessary.
Term 2 - Approved Changes:
- The scheduled return date for all students of January 6, 2021 is now scheduled to be a Virtual Help Day for high school families. Traditional students and elementary virtual students will remain at home. High school Term 2 Virtual students and their parents are asked to report to school on January 6th for technology assistance, program assistance, and for meet and greet sessions with their child’s virtual teacher(s). Parents of Virtual students may contact local schools for January 6th reporting times. Parents of Term 2 Virtual students who need technology assistance should call 334-672-0463.
- All SENIORS will return to Traditional instruction on January 7, 2021.
- January 7, 2021 - All classes will resume for both Traditional and Virtual students.
- January 18, 2021 – System-wide Virtual Day 1 - All students, Traditional and Virtual, will remain at home and receive virtual instruction. This will be a 2/3 workday for teachers. Teachers will schedule and deliver live instruction to all students from school.
- February 15, 2021 - System-wide Virtual Day 2 - All students, Traditional and Virtual, will remain at home and receive virtual instruction. Teachers will remain at home. Teachers will schedule and deliver live instruction to all students from home.
- January 4th and 5th of 2021 will remain Teacher Professional Development Days. A schedule for employees for activities for these days will be forthcoming from the Office of the Superintendent.
- The Child Nutrition Program will provide curbside meal service at each campus on January 6th, 7th, 18th and February 15th.
Dr. Mark Bazzell, Superintendent